[Tfug] Why GNOME was the stupidest idea in Linux history...

erich erich1 at copper.net
Tue May 5 02:44:03 MST 2009

OK,
           I don't actually use GNOME, I use KDE. However I had to set
the GNOME use flag
(This is a Gentoo thingy). The reason? This use flag mediates default
browser/mailer.
Both Firefox and Thunderbird had to be built with this use flag in order
to run seamlessly.
           Click on a mailer link in a web page and an e-mail
create-message comes up, (Under
Thunderbird). Click in a html link in a e-mail, and Firefox comes on
line to browse it.
           Don't ask me why GNOME comes into play with this, but it works,

Cheers,

Erich