[Tfug] Ubuntu 7.04 upgrade failure

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:57:31 MST 2009

I've gotten it to ver 7.10 for the most part, but am running short on
space with a minimal (30MB) boot partition, which I think I'll try to
expand via npartedit, or one of its ilk, so the post DL configuration
process is still not complete.  Meantime I'm still booting off an
older kernel.

The sources.list that enabled me to get the Feisty fully updated
before the upgrade was:

deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty main restricted
universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-updates main
restricted universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-security main
restricted universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse
deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-backports
main/debian-installer
deb-src http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty-backports main
restricted universe multiverse

Restoring sources.list to the Feisty version, replacing "feisty" with
"gutsy", and running "apt-get dist-upgrade" DLed and installed the
7.10 packages.

Getting it to point to an 7.10-alternate iso which I had on hand,
though, required a couple of more steps, which I could describe when I
have a bit more time.

--
John