[Tfug] Questions regarding Linux and Bluetooth...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:34:44 MST 2009

Let me start by stating flat-out that connecting voting systems to
wireless data transmission (bluetooth, wifi or cellnet) is illegal,
period.

They're not banned by statute, but rather *everything*
computer-related in voting systems is banned unless specifically
approved through a certification process.

Wireless data transmission isn't certified.

And yeah, at least one person gets it: while banned, that's no
guarantee it's not in use until election observers like me do active
scanning to make sure.

Jim