[Tfug] Contract vs Part-time work?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Mar 16 17:42:26 MST 2009

So, I have an upcoming interview for some part-time work as a software
tester.  As I understand it, the company hasn't yet decided whether
the work will be listed as contract or part-time.  If they ask for my
opinion, I'm wondering if there's a benefit to me for one versus the
other?  I haven't had the interview yet and, therefore, don't have
many specifics.  But I don't that benefits (if any) would be
substantial if I were to be employed part-time.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Claude