[Tfug] upgrading VirtualBox

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:56:43 MST 2009

I recently saw that there is an upgrade to VirtualBox. I have two questions.

First: If I upgrade VirtualBox, should my present VMs still work, or will
have to rebuild the guest OSs? I have a XP guest, and a Kubuntu 8.10 guest.

Second: I followed several directions about how to install guest additions
in Kubuntu. I was able to get the resizing to work, but the guest still
grabs my mouse and I have to get it to let go by hitting the right Ctrl
button. I know it should seamlessly go back and forth like it does with my
XP guest.

I am pretty much a Gnome guy, but I wanted to see what the fuss was
regarding KDE 4.

Thanks,
Matthew