[Tfug] WorldCare suggestions?

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Wed Mar 11 08:14:03 MST 2009

>> Empire's tanks), and (2) if you think the A10 is loud,
>> wait until they start getting more nextgen aircraft at DM.
>
> I think most of the noise is related to just how *low*
> they are flying as they pass over the school.  It makes
> you think twice about what it must be like to be a
> "civilian" in a place like Iraq!  :<  At least at WC
> you are reasonably sure they *won't* be firing!  :>

Partially, but these new beasts are markedly noisier than the A10.  I
read an article fairly recently that the Navy was running into some
problems with noise abatement rules around one of their east coast
facilities because these new aircraft are louder than the old ones,
and louder than they were spec'd to be.  Also about 3x costlier, but
that's another story in itself.

I'll bet if they put Linux on those flying boxes, they'd be MUCH
quieter!  (There, back on-topic)

Jim