[Tfug] Sun/ EMC/ Veritas consultant recommendation?

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Tue Mar 10 17:49:01 MST 2009

After 4.5 good years we had a disastrous crash last week.  We have an
older Sun V480 with an EMC FC5700 array and Veritas Volume Manager.  A
component in the array failed.  The vendor with the support contract did
not have the part on hand.  When the part was fixed, the Veritas
software would not let the drives mount.  We felt that our support
vendors (not local) let us down and extended the downtime.

Are there any consultants (local or otherwise) you would recommend with
any of the following: Solaris/ EMC/ Veritas expertise?

The Oracle database was staged and is maintained by a CA company that
has optimized it for our needs.  We do not want change things now (other
than storing up spare parts).  We just want someone to call to help us
get some more miles out of a generally adequate machine.  Please reply
off-line.

--
Paul Steinbach
psteinbach at cox.net