[Tfug] WorldCare suggestions?

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:51:18 MST 2009

Well, maybe better organization? I went to buy the "Sun Monitor" posted
here, and when I went in no one knows that they have these monitors to sell.
Another time I asked for a cd/dvd writer, they told me they have some but
they should be tested, that I should come back the next week. The next week
I went back, and one woman told me in an unpleasant way that if I want a cd
or dvd writer to go to bestbuy.com, they won't sell me one, they sell the
whole computer. I'm not going there anymore

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Paul Steinbach <MIS at samlevitz.com> wrote:
> > What kinds of things would you strongly consider purchasing
> > there?  What would you not consider purchasing there?  Are you more
> likely
> > to get whole systems or components?  Fully configured or barebones?  More
> > likely to be work purchases or personal?  Esoteric fun stuff or basic
> > functional stuff?
>
> You'll get two kinds of people grabbing stuff:
>
> - People who just want a basic computer that works
> - Computer people who know what they're looking for and are willing to
> dig through stuff to get it.
>
> For example, I'm buying a lot of rackmount/server/esoteric gear right
> now.  I'd love a decent square hole rack or rack shelves.
>
> Most people just want something that works, and might have Windows on
> it.  I drop a lot of older customer computers off at Worldcare (after
> I've run them through DBAN).  I took nearly 700 pounds of stuff there
> last year per my receipts, and I'd bet that some of the things I've
> dropped off have been used by others.
>
> Right now I'm dropping off a lot of older G4 Macs, and P4 2-3GHz PC's...
>
> - Zack

'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo
SW Engineer