[Tfug] OT: Windows "Tracking Software"

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 3 13:13:21 MST 2009

Quoting Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>:
> You can install software to track a user's *computer*
> activity (i.e., not just "internet" activity).  I
> want to know how to detect, disable and/or remove
> such tools (presumably, anything that does this
> and is designed intelligently will leave a very
> small fingerprint!)

The only safe way is to *re-install* the operating system.  Once your
system has been *compromised* you cannot *trust* what it reports back
to you.

Anything claiming to remove all spyware is selling you *lies*.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.