[Tfug] still photos in a video project

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:07:14 MST 2009

Hey guys!

I made a DVD a while back on a friend's mac, using iMovie. It was easy to
use, and I took a whole stock of photos and stuck them together, mostly
using Ken Burn effects to give it a video like feel. I would like to do this
in Linux (not only because I can't afford to buy a Mac). I have figured out
Kino and used it with some video footage from my DV Camera. Works great, but
lacks some of the features I would like. For example, can't use still
photos, or at least I can't figure out how to get them into the program.

Neither can PiTiVi, or Open Movie editor...

Anybody know if Cinerella does what I am looking for? I also want multiple
sound track options at least (which I notice several of the already
mentioned will do, most notably, Cineralla). Cineralla looks like a good
program; I just installed it. It does look like a steep learning curve, and
looks very capable, but I don't see anything that suggests it can
incorporate stills and do Ken Burns. Anyone know for sure?

Maybe there is another way to do what I am looking for, and just haven't
noticed or come across it yet...

Thanks,
Matthew