[Tfug] OT: Windows "Tracking Software"

Eric Gearhart eric at nixwizard.net
Mon Mar 2 21:13:24 MST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Andrew Ayre <andy at britishideas.com> wrote:
> Bexley Hall wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can one detect/defeat software "intentionally"
>> installed on a Windows (XP/Vista) machine for the
>> purpose of "tracking" a user's activities?
>>
>> I.e., "intentional" spyware...?
>>
>> Thx,
>> --don
>
> Run Spybot Search and Destroy?
> Remove it using Add/Remove programs?
>
> I don't think you've provided enough information for the answer you are
> really looking for...

And, er, he posted to a Unix user's list?!? You might have better luck
posting to the guys over at the Tucson Computer Society...
http://www.aztcs.org/

About all these guys are going to suggest for your spyware/tracking
software problems are instructions for installing Linux (not a bad
solution either...)

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net