[Tfug] WorldCare suggestions?

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Mon Mar 2 14:14:12 MST 2009

We just got a online catalog working for WorldCare to organize and
display donated product for sale to outside parties.  It is only working
internally at present but will be shared soon.  Thanks to SimplyBits for
all their support.

I sort of volunteered to coordinate the handling of server-type
donations.  I will try to spend one morning a week cataloging, testing,
purchased there or wanted to purchase there.  What suggestions do you
have  about maximizing the recycling of the product and the amount of
revenue received for WorldCare?  What kinds of things would you strongly
consider purchasing there?  What would you not consider purchasing
there?  Are you more likely to get whole systems or components?  Fully
configured or barebones?  More likely to be work purchases or personal?
Esoteric fun stuff or basic functional stuff?

I throw this out to the group for comments but you can reply offline if
you wish.

In the interest of full disclosure, SLF uses a fair number of recycled
servers from WorldCare.  Call this volunteer project enlightened self
interest....

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager