[Tfug] Wireless tablet?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 13:58:29 MST 2009

Update:

--- On Tue, 6/23/09, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hence the appeal of the "X terminal-like" approach.  Just
> enough firmware running to make the appliance functional.
> It's actual *functionality* is then left to something
> "outside" the box.

I managed to score a V110 yesterday.  And, after setting up
an XP box, I was able to get it running (quite simply, actually).

Aside from its *size* (I think it is a 10" screen), it is
pretty much exactly what I was looking for!  All of the
functionality is outside the box so there is nothing to
"repurpose" within.  Though, at 10", I sorely miss not
having a base/stand for the damn thing (too large to let
it sit in your lap)

Unfortunately, it speaks RDP instead of something less
proprietary.  So, I'll have to have a look at xrdp to see
how viable that will be as a solution...