[Tfug] computer security

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 11 15:32:00 MST 2009

Quoting doug1 at email.arizona.edu:
> Hi,
>  I am interested in learning about computer security is their any website,
> journal or book that you would recommend reading? Is their a future
> in computer
> security for IT workers?

If you're into classroom learning, the SANS Institute is offering their
Security Essentials class in Tucson starting on July 9th.  It appears
to be a 2 hour evening class, weekly, for 10 weeks.  Price is
discounted for early enrollment.

I took the SANS Intrusion Detection In-Depth class a couple years back
in Washington DC and felt it was technically solid course material.

More info for the Tucson class is at http://www.sans.org/info/44268.

Brian

P.S. "there" not "their"

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.