[Tfug] Python

cara pinkgranite at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:43:53 MST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Eric Gearhart <eric at nixwizard.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM, cara<pinkgranite at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Which one is nirvana, Python 2 or Python 3?
>
> 3, for this reason (imho of course):
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0238/
>
> Sorry for hijacking TFUG by the way folks... python's, er, unixy...
> it's flexible and it just works most of the time

yep ... "it just works most of the time" ...

I remain bitter. My former boss forced me to use python ZSI for a Web
Service client. It was terrible.  Python's dynamic typing couldn't tell if
something was a string or an array. The code it generated made looking at
legacy perl scripts a joy.

For python lovers in my office, I designed a T-shirt:

Python

it's a string ...
no, it's an array ...
no, a string ...