[Tfug] Raytheon work

Linux Media linuxmedia2 at aim.com
Fri Jun 5 12:56:24 MST 2009

>> Back in the recession of 1991, I had professionals helping me find work.

> Does 'professionals' in this case perhaps mean placement angencies or
> headhunters?  I hope they were good.

>> I never forgot when they told me that if a company has to advertise in
>> a time of recession, then something's wrong.

> When they told you this, did they mean
> 'don't respond to job ads, look for a job *only* through me,
> your placement agency *professional*?'
>
> Surely there's no possible conflict of interest in *that* advice.

I actually got two separate organizations confused. The "Head Hunters"
indeed were the one's that took (and sent me to) the employers that were
looking for people. This resulted in some of the worse jobs I ever had.

The people that enlightened me about there being red flags when a
company (in the middle of a bad recession) is seeking out Head Hunters
to find people, were *after* I had gone through finding my worse ever
jobs from the Head Hunters (that just wanted to fill quotas).

Rocco