[Tfug] Raytheon work

Chris MOST.SENDERS.ARE._FILTERED.OUT_--FOR.MY.REAL.EMAIL.ADDRESS.check.my.website..tfug.rcvr.x6a3 at bitboost.com
Fri Jun 5 10:02:24 MST 2009

Linux Media wrote:
>  >> Sorry, god forbid, I thought someone on this list might actually be
>  >> looking for work - even if it is for the bomb making baby killers -
>  >> my bad.  I didn't write it - it actually just came from someone at
>  >> Raytheon. You girls are so delicate......
>
>  > I hope you don't mind the question. I have several friends
>  > at Raytheon.
>  > They do not like working there. They'd almost rather flip burgers, but
>  > it doesn't pay as well. To attract a really cool team of people, what
>  > would the culture be like on this project?

Please forgive my skepticism expressed in the following;
evidently my experiences so far differ from yours.

> Back in the recession of 1991, I had professionals helping me find work.

Does 'professionals' in this case perhaps mean placement angencies or
headhunters?  I hope they were good.

> I never forgot when they told me that if a company has to advertise in a
> time of recession, then something's wrong.

When they told you this, did they mean
'don't respond to job ads, look for a job *only* through me,
your placement agency *professional*?'

Surely there's no possible conflict of interest in *that* advice.

Was your *professional* named

    SHAWN "YOU'RE-A-DELICATE-GIRL CYBERMAN" LAMASTER ???

Ehh, probably not.

> Think about it... it's a recession... there's no work... yet, a company
> is advertising for people. Does something sound strange to you?

Good news: one time during a recession, I found a job
that was *not* one of the worst jobs I or anyone
has ever had, by *responding to a job ad*.

Which evidently shows that I have no judgement or taste.

On the other hand, I had also tried finding a software job through
"professionals", and it was one of the lamest experiences I have
ever had.  It was like being led around by a blind, deaf, smell-less
seeing eye dog who kept piddling on the carpet.
Fortunately I could see, hear, and smell,
so I was able to get rid of the dog.

So we should consider that *some* "professionals" are not very good.

A good professional might be valuable, but how should we distinguish
good professionals from bad professionals recommended by sock puppets?
Not that you must be a sock puppet, but how should I judge or guess?