[Tfug] Drive recovery

Jordan Aberle jordan.aberle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:31:34 MST 2009

I've used it many times for data recovery, the longest I have ever seen it
take was 48 hours, I say let it run for a few days if the estimated time
still says 45 days then stop it.  The time remaining does change depending
on what part of the drive it's scanning (it might be on a cluster of bad
sectors for example).  You have to ask yourself how much time is the data
worth?  A simple data recovery attempt or days?
Here is a video explaining how Spinrite works:
http://media.grc.com/sr6_on_techtv.zip

-Jordan