[Tfug] Mount Issues

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Wed Jun 3 16:36:01 MST 2009

> it's your job to sort complete garbage from useful data, then determine
> which
> of those are actually complete files or still useful in some way, and
> then
> finally rename them and move them elsewhere.

So, is the idea to mv the files to a different partition and then re-run
the e2fsck over and over again, as it finds other files, until "all" the
data is recovered?

Sounds like a plan.

Two other questions: when running e2fsck and it "corrects" inode
information ( using the -y option), does it rewrite all the superblocks?

Also does, "No journal on filesystem on sdc2" mean that there is
absolutely no journal, or does it mean the kernel can't find it?

Thanks Again John !

I wish I could dd the file somewhere...!

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is
privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If