[Tfug] Mount and Filesize Issues

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Jun 2 19:09:34 MST 2009

> A 100% full / you probably want to fix right away.

Thanks.  Sorry about the /proc/kcore... found out about that 2minutes
after posting.   I found a couple Debian source .iso files in my / and got
rid of them.  I'm back to normal there.  And deleted the /var/log files'
contents using cat and back to normal there.

> and then restart syslogd and klogd.

Thanks for the tip.

Now about that backup drive.  Yes it mounts. I have some directories and
some files in the lost+found that are renamed with six or seven digit
numbers
preceded by the hash mark (#).

I guess when formatting it
originally, I did so sub-optimally.  I basically kept the original
partitions because there were some poopietary information on /dev/sdc1,
so I formatted /dev/sdc3 since that was the big partition.

But maybe I did format them all, as it says, but I don't think so.

I'm almost 100% positive I formatted sdc3  ext3, but now it reads it ext2
after running
e2fsck... uh oh.

Charles

Disk /dev/sdc: 750.1 GB, 750156374016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 91201 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

/dev/sdc1   *           1           1        8001   83  Linux
/dev/sdc2               8       91201   732515805   83  Linux
/dev/sdc3               2           7       48195    5  Extended
/dev/sdc5               2           7       48163+  83  Linux

Partition table entries are not in disk order

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is
privileged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If