[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Brian Vogel bfvogel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 18:18:11 MST 2009

Marco Savo wrote:
> I don't know you personally, I came to a couple of meeting (that
> seemed to me a meeting of friends more than a Linux user group), but
> now I don't associate a name with a person. I've been monitoring this
> mailing list for a while, and I can say that the posts that catch more
> attention are the most useless, windows against mac against linux
> against BSD,  who cares if this guy prefer hackintosh or think linux
> won't go anywhere, this discussion won't change anything, seem more a
> discussion in a pub about soccer teams than a discussion to make a
> system and an idea grow and improve.

I to have been viewing this list from afar for a time.  And while there
is some random off topic information and threads that makes no
difference.  Contradict me if I'm wrong but does anyone on this board
expect this list to come up with the ground breaking idea in the NIX
world. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's impossible.  From what
I've seen of this list it is a sounding board, help-line, and rant-cast
all in one.  So yes, it is a conversation at the pub over a game /
method / distro.  And in all of this is derived pleasure, not only from
the conversation but from the camaraderie.  This list give us a kinship
that we at times don't have elsewhere.  If someone wants to discuss the
trials and tribulations of creating a hackintosh who let him.  We might
learn something from the experience.