[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Thu Jul 30 13:50:28 MST 2009

and I'll miss happy hour since I'm at TMC for the last of a Quantum
Physics lecture series,

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Administrator,
Methods Engineering

Eric Gearhart <eric at nixwizard.net>
Sent by: tfug-bounces at tfug.org
07/30/2009 01:29 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"

Maybe this discussion will carry over to the happy hour tonight....
has anyone seen/heard about the Alan Cox "screw it I'm leaving"
debacle?

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/07/29/1925224/Alan-Cox-Quits-As-Linux-TTY-Maintainer-mdash-Ive-Had-Enough?from=rss

"After a stern criticism from Linus, the long-time kernel hacker Alan
Cox has decided to walk away as the maintainer of the TTY subsystem of
the Linux Kernel, stating '...I've had enough. If you think that
problem is easy to fix you fix it. Have fun. I've zapped the tty merge
queue so anyone with patches for the tty layer can send them to the
new maintainer.'"

Reading over the thread (
http://groups.google.com/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_frm/thread/3c86e046663e163e/65ee5a5b49b5a596?tvc=1&pli=1

), it strikes me that Linus tends to take the verbal abuse a bit far
IMO...

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply