[Tfug] Shameless Software Trafficking (Wildly OT)

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 14:43:52 MST 2009

I followed the dr-dos suit.  It was a vapor ware suit.  I don't think it was as you say it was.

MS kept saying they were going to release a more feature rich version to keep Dr-Dos from being purchased.

The other issue was MS said that DOS was incorporated inside win-95.  Dr-Dos was able to show that MS made it look this way. So they would not have the same setup as win 3.1 running ontop of DOS.

Dr-Dos showed that win-95 was two products shipped together and made to look like one product - effectively killing Dr-Dos.

Dr-Dos was able to separate the DOS layer from the Windows layer and put the Windows layer on top of Dr-Dos to prove his point.

That is why he was successful in his suit.

I think you can use any Vista you want however just because you own a license to Vista does not allow for a copy of XP to be put into it's place.  I know it is not right.

Keith Smith