[Tfug] wireless

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Tue Jul 21 13:25:32 MST 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:[Tfug] wireless
From: Ray Reeves <arizray at comcast.net>
To: Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 07/21/2009 12:40 PM
> Great news to hear the card will work. My problem I'm not sure how to
> set it up. I haven't done it before and I'm new to the notebook world.

I am not real sure how this is done under gnome but I suspect that there
is an icon on the bar at the top of your screen that if clicked will
offer you a list of wireless networks and all you need to do is select
yours and enter your security key.

See if this page is helpful:

http://blog.brothersoft.com/2008/12/18/connecting-to-wireless-networks-in-gnome/

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.