[Tfug] wireless

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Tue Jul 21 11:30:10 MST 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [Tfug] wireless
From: Ray Reeves <arizray at comcast.net>
To: Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 07/21/2009 10:42 AM
> I recently purchased a Dell inspiron 1100 used with win xp and a
> wireless NETGEAR WG511T card. It worked with the xp but I converted
> the notebook to Ubuntu 9.04. thus the problem. Is there a recommended
> card to use that would work in this situation. I also have no
> experience in setting up wireless.
>
> Any guidance is welcomed.

All indications are that this card is fully supported by Linux. Can you
give more details as to the type of problems you are seeing?

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.