[Tfug] BSD install on via C3

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:01:31 MST 2009

Hello,
I'm trying to install BSD on one GA-PCV2 board with via C3 processor 800
Mhz.
I've used Unix before (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX) but I never tried one free BSD
version.
So my questions are:

1. Which BSD distribution do you recommend for this board?
2. At start-up seem really slow, I've installed ubuntu on an usb external HD
and hangs when was reading the hard-disk. With freeBSD on an usb stick was
taking ages to load the kernel.
3. The X window with freeBSD starts with twm, it's that the default? doesn't
have anything.

I know that I can find many of these info on the oracle (google) but since
there is this list...

--
'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo