[Tfug] Need help finding a distro

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Sun Jul 19 19:01:27 MST 2009

On Sat, July 18, 2009 12:04 pm, Paul Scott wrote:

> Not if 8.04 is using Hal which pretty well doesn't use xorg.conf.  When
> Hal is running well switching monitors would only need restarting X
>
> Paul Scott

Well, from my experience, it seems reinstalling is the only solution.  I
haven't given up but I'm getting quite skeptical about HAL in general at
this point.  It works great for recognition of everything during install
and seems to handle most hardware upgrades extremely well.

I'll keep plugging away at it.

Earl