[Tfug] Exploiting docs.google.com

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Tue Jul 14 22:16:58 MST 2009

On Tue, July 14, 2009 8:41 pm, erich wrote:
> Yes,
>          He ran to BestBuy to get a laptop with, (sigh), Vista installed
> after
> his access provider discontinued service for him on the grounds that
> his (old) notebook computer was infected with a worm, and that he must
> remove it in order to have service restored. He has Qwest with an
> access point. I don't knew if the wireless channel is encrypted.
>
>          I warned him about it, and he has assured me that he has not
> electronically
> copied anything from the old computer to the new.
>
>          He says he never uses Outlook, and keeps his address books  on
> the
> web mail interface with Yahoo.

     I had an exploit from Hotmail recently.  It's interesting because I
exclusively use Ubuntu and have been for a few years now.  People on
my MSM list mentioned they were getting strange messages from me.  I
finally got one of them to send me a copy of the message which was a
link to a website.
     I shut down my computer and rebooted into knoppix for security. To me
the site, in my name some how, appeared to be a phishing site.  I
went to Hotmail and changed my password and the messaged stopped.
     I have no idea how they got into my site but there was no other use
of my Hotmail information.  It is difficult to imagine they breached
MS security to get this information.

Earl