[Tfug] Browser based UI's

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jul 14 14:36:12 MST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:34:26AM -0700, Bexley Hall wrote:

> [i.e., imagine rewriting KDE so you opened a giant browser
> window in your startup script that was pointed at http://localhost/kde
> to provide that "environment".  Some of it would work "OK".
> Some parts would be "passable, but not ideal".  And other
> things would just suck horribly!]

Can you elaborate on the not ideal and sucky examples?  Looking at what
I have open in OSX, that's not a web browser right now, twitter client
(which could be a browser app but instead it's adobe AIR, which is
rumored to be in ChromeOS), Mail.app (lazy and check some infrequently
used accounts that I just need a reason to have get pulled into gmail)
and iTunes.

Oh, and X11, but your browser-based UI isn't focused at developers using
to develop on and for.

--
Tom Rini