[Tfug] WYSIWYG HTML editor for Windows?

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Mon Jul 13 16:47:41 MST 2009

Claude Rubinson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 04:31:37PM -0700, keith smith wrote:
>> Try NVU : http://net2.com/nvu/ - it is pretty good and free.  Look
>> on YouTube for tutorials.
>
> Thanks.  Either Nvu or KompoZer look like they'll fit the bill.
> Something like Drupal is *way* overblown for what she'll be doing.
> E.g., for comparison, my page is at
> http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rubinson/soc/.  Much more complicated than
> this is too complicated for its purpose/audience.
>
> Claude

Don't waste your time with NVU - it's full of bugs. I've tried to use it
several times in the past and gave up. Try Kompozer like Tyler suggested.

 From the NVU website:

"NVU 1.0, released in June 2005, is the last official release that you
will find at most download sites, however, it isn't the newest or best
version of the Nvu software. An unofficial bugfix/update called
"KompoZer" is available here. KompoZer fixes some of the major bugs and
annoyances found in Nvu 1.0. If you are using NVU 1.0 and it works for
you, stick with it. But if you run into problems, give KompoZer a try
and see if it helps."

Andy

--
Andy