[Tfug] Arright, one final adventure: DynDNS puking on me...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:42:01 MST 2009

So with the Apache security thing done, time to do DynDNS.

I installed ddclient via Synaptic (server is running XUbuntu 8.10) and
it came up with a pop-up for settings.  I fed it what I thought was
right after signing on via the DynDNS, no joy.

No problem, the DynDNS site gives examples of configs at:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/using_ddclient_with_dyndns_services.html

Cool.  Edited /etc/ddclient.conf like so:

---
# Basic configuration file for ddclient
#
# /etc/ddclient.conf

daemon=60
cache=/tmp/ddclient.cache
pid=/var/run/ddclient.pid
use=web, web=checkip.dyndns.com/, web-skip='IP Address'
login=[myusername]
password=[mypassword]
protocol=dyndns2
server=members.dyndns.org
wildcard=YES
[mydomainwithdyndns].myphotos.cc
custom=no
---

Stuff in [brackets] doesn't actually have brackets of course...

Rebooted the whole box and "site not found" when I try and get to
"[mydomainwithdyndns].myphotos.cc" from my laptop on the Verizon
cellnet.

Ummm...what am I doing wrong this time?

Sigh...

Jim