[Tfug] Xorg 1.5

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:31:00 MST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM, erich<erich1 at copper.net> wrote:
> OK,
>     Can you tell me what version of Xorg that you are running?
>

>           Erich

Yeah, should be no sweat...Synaptic...

"xorg" is 1:7.4~5ubuntu18

"xserver-xorg" - same

"xserver-xorg-video-intel" - oh, this is just special (in the "special
olympics" sense):

2:2.7.99.901+git20090702.74227141-0ubuntu0sarvatt~jaunty

Look, Jaunty came with totally FUBAR Intel drivers.  They really
should have delayed Jaunty by another 2+ months because it wasn't
ready.  I'm running xorg/intel stuff out of these repos:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main #xorg-edgers PPA
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
#xorg-edgers PPA

So...I'm deep into "Ubuntu only experimental" territory.

The display configuration stuff I described worked fine with a
standard Jaunty install.  The drivers themselves were unstable and
Compiz 3D support was outright blacklisted for my card (i965).

Jim