[Tfug] WinXP inside Debian Xen Questions

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Fri Jan 9 12:03:27 MST 2009

I've been doing, moderate virtualization research.  I managed to boot a
xen kernel, and log in, but had trouble creating an image or console.
I'll continue to work with it, and remove it and try other experiments.

But my question is.  Is it worth it?

Will I eventually be able to run debian programs like, xterm,
OpenOffice, Gimp, mail/internet programs, update packages, etc. from an
equally function KDE desktop (as I do now); /and/ also have a WinXP OS
in a console  window somewhere ready and able run and install programs,
and maybe another OS, like  Leopard in another, etc? That would be so fun!

Or is the xen kernel really not there yet?  Anybody got it to work??  On
a scale of 1-10.

Thanks

Charles