[Tfug] Cheap NAS with NFS!

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Tue Jan 6 13:43:20 MST 2009

> I don't have the original email anymore, but I know someone was looking
> for cheap NAS with NFS before.  Coming soon:
> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7502808869.html?kc=rss
>
> The official site lists NFS and CIFS.

That was me; thanks!  it's a little unfortunate that it's a sealed case
with space for only one drive, but it's certainly a step in the right
direction.

That article mentions the Iomega StorCenter ix2, which also runs the
same EMC LifeLine Linux distro; I'll keep an eye out for any new device
that uses this distro, there might be a flood of new devices that meet
my needs coming down the pipe.  Thanks for the heads-up!

cheers
  Jeff