[Tfug] ISP experiences

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Mon Jan 5 10:42:00 MST 2009

I use Cox at home and SimplyBits at work.  My Cox experience like yours
- 1-2 events a year with several hour down times.  My experience with
SimplyBits is that the downtimes are much shortened and often scheduled
events off hours.  Great service.  They are several times as expensive
as consumer Cox because of the equipment involved and the lower customer
base.  Upload speed pretty much the same as download.  We get pretty
much the bandwidth advertised.  (FD: I am biased because I like the
people there.)  I use proxy servers at both locations to smooth things out.

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com