[Tfug] External PATA enclosures

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu Jan 1 00:06:34 MST 2009

On 31 Dec 2008 at 13:41, Bexley Hall  wrote:

> Any pointers to something similar (and cheap)?  I think this
> was only $30 or $40 a few years ago (I will have to look
> through old tax records to sort that out).  I've not been
> able to find a vendor for this particular unit (as is often
> the case with these no-name devices  :< )

Geeks.com has some similar units for $20-$25

VOX N1 3.5" USB 2.0/RJ-45 Ethernet NAS (Network Attached Storage) External IDE
HDD Enclosure (Black) Vox ENPA-35N-V1K
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ENPA-35N-V1K&cat=CSE&cpc=CSEbsc
    With Gigabit Ethernet for file sharing and USB 2.0 for personal
    storage,the VOX N1 works with or without a network. Use the VOX N1 as a
    simple, cost-effective data server with your office or home network.

    The VOX N1 is compatible with 3.5-inch IDE hard drives and features a USB
    2.0 interface for quick and reliable data transfers up to 480 Mbps.
    Simplified file sharing can be yours with this Vox N1 NAS (Network
    Attached Storage) USB 2.0 External IDE HDD Enclosure.

3.5" USB 2.0/RJ-45 Ethernet NAS (Network Attached Storage) External IDE HDD
Enclosure (Silver) w/3.14" Fan A-Tec NS-384S
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=NS-384S&cat=CSE

LANShare 3.5" ME-740K USB 2.0/RJ-45 Ethernet Aluminum (NDAS) LAN Sharing IDE
HDD Enclosure (Black) Anyware ME-740K
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ME-740K&cat=CSE

Vox MN1 3.5" USB 2.0/FireWire/ RJ-45 Ethernet NAS (Network Attached Storage)
External IDE HDD Enclosure (White) Vox ENPAM-35NF
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ENPAM-35NF&cat=CSE

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona