[Tfug] Ending Schroot Sessions

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:56:51 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:30:44PM -0500, Charles R. Kiss wrote:

> I unmounted my chroot directories.  To end schroot sessions, can I just
> delete the contents of /var/lib/schroot/session directory?
>
> I tried schroot -e  --all, and other combinations of schroot -e but I
> can't seem to end schroot sessions!

When I had schroot "forget" things on my machine, I too found that the -e
--all options didn't fix the problem.  I guess the idea is that if schroot
knew enough for that command to work then it probably would have cleaned up
on its own without prodding.

If I recall, being specific would work.  Each schroot mount has a long hex
GUID, so use:

  schroot -e --chroot=GUID

It's been awhile, but I believe that helped me get rid of those spurious
mounts.

If this is one of the combinations you've already tried... I guess it's time
to review your schroot config and contact the devs.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org