[Tfug] top/bottom and middle posting

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 14:13:06 MST 2009

Hi, Jim,

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Jim Secan <jim at nwra.com> wrote:

> >> Why must there be One True Method of Posting?
> >
> > <shrug>  Perhaps for the same reason we say "Hello"
> > when we *meet* someone and "Good-bye" when we depart?
> >
> > ;-)
>
> Well, depending on who it is, I might say "good
> morning" or "hey" or "where's that
> $100 you owe me, you bottom-feeding pond scum" and so
> forth.  Always disliked one-size-fits-all conventions.  As a
> sage once said, rules do not sit well on the creative mind.

Actually, I take the opposite approach -- pick *a* greeting
regardless of ToD!  For years, it was always "G'mornin'"
despite perpetual protestations from others that "It's
not morning!"  :>

But, then again, I also tend to like to always wear black
or white T-shirts and jeans, etc.  <shrug>  One less thing
to think about in the morning...

> Didn't the original poster say something about not
> wanting to start a flame war?  Maybe he should have asked
> about the best text file editor in the world (heheheheh).

Ah, we all know that would be qedx...  :-/