[Tfug] Need command line help regarding searching files for strings...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:59:35 MST 2009

Folks,

I just downloaded this:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4713076

This is one VERY legit torrent in terms of both legality and morality,
but it's left me with a problem: 18,000+ files in one directory.
Nautilus is basically breaking down trying to cope :).

Each report has an index file, a text version and a PDF version.  The
best descriptors of the reports are in the first page of each .PDF
report.  So I need to do a command-line search within the directory
(looking within all .pdf files) for strings like "electronic voting"
or "diebold" or "second amendment" or the like :).

What's the best way to skin this cat?

Jim