[Tfug] Cron job in Ubuntu - something is wrong :( - halp?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:21:34 MST 2009

> Great.  But I can't have the disk fill up, so I have a cron job set to
> do a purge of files older than 90 days.  It's not working.

First off, I think you're talking about Zone Minder (unix security cam
capture app) rather than Zone Alarm (spastic paranoia inducing windows
firewall).

ZoneMinder has a built in "PurgeWhenFull" filter.  You're trying to
reinvent the wheel here.

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Documentation#Filtering_Events

Also, as ZoneMinder keeps a record of all the picture files in a MySQL
database, your cronjob method is going to result in missing references
to files in the database, whereas that filter handles it properly.

- Zack