[Tfug] Cron job in Ubuntu - something is wrong :( - halp?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:47:00 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  did you try crontab -l ?
>>
>>  -jmz
>
> Well...problem is, the user account doesn't have write-access to the
> drive where the stuff is stored.  So I have to do this as root.
>
> Will that even work in Ubuntu?
>
> Otherwise I'll have to give the user-level account access...and that
> would probably work too, come to think.
>
> Jim

No...dammit, I remember now.  Zonealarm is creating the files with
read-write access only for root and it's own internal account
(www-data), read-only to the user account (camera).

The only way to run this cron job as user "camera" would be to turn
that user into "God".

I'd rather get the root-level cron job thing working.

Jim