[Tfug] Hate to say I told you so..

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Thu Feb 5 08:58:57 MST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:15 PM, christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey, flash runs in FreeBSD, you just have to run a Linux version of
>> Firefox (via FreeBSD's binary Linux compatibility) and then load the
>> plugin
>>
>> Blasphemy!
>
> flash9? Last time I tired, FreeBSD was stuck on flash7. It's not
> supported much anymore. I hate flash as it is, so hackin' around to
> make it work wasn't too enticing for me.

I'm running swfdec-plugin from ports; no linux crap.  Used to be
dated, but they've had some recent upgrades, and it seems to work for
most everything for me - give it a try...search recent emails to
questions at freebsd.org, however, as the plugin gets stuck stupidly in a
subfolder of /usr/local/lib/plugins (or whereever), and I had to make
a link to the main folder for it to work.  Also, had to run firefox3
to get any plugins to work...

Steve