[Tfug] Hate to say I told you so..

Eric Gearhart eric at nixwizard.net
Wed Feb 4 08:30:06 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Maybe some of us just enjoy our systems, regardless of what
>> greener pastures there are. Maybe what's green to some is grey
>> to others.
>
> <shrug>  Why the big concern over which OS is "better"?
> Or, which distro? etc.
>
> It's like arguing about briefs vs. boxers... or, BVDs vs
> Jockeys, etc.
>
> If it does what you need it to do, then it's "right" for you.
> As soon as it *stops* serving your needs, drop it and move on...

That's true.. to each his own. At least with open source the
"collective mass" can benefit, and there are some interesting projects
going on (Haiku, ReactOS, heck, even AmigaOS 4.1 was just released -
not FOSS but still... wow)

http://www.osnews.com/story/20888/Sky_Is_Falling_AmigaOS_4_1_Released_for_Pegasos_II

Right job for the tool (!), to each his own, etc, etc.

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net