[Tfug] KDE 4.2

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:58:20 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Tyler Nienhouse <flakeparadigm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyone tried KDE 4.2 yet? It seems to be really well designed (so far from
> what I've tried). What do you guys think about it?

Hi Tyler,

I'm currently using OpenSUSE 11.1 with KDE 4.1.3.  This is a mostly default
installation.  I know it is possible to install KDE 4.2 via source or RPM
files on OpenSUSE but I'm going to be patient.  The complexity of building
the bundle of packages which comprise KDE is more than I'm willing to
personally take on given time, energy, and will constraints.  Also, it will
make it into your prefered distribution in six months or less.  Finally, in
my opinion, KDE 4.1.3 as packaged by OpenSUSE is really nice.  Give it a try
early if you're adventurous or try a stable version of KDE 4 on your
favorite distribution now.

Ryan