[Tfug] OT - PC Autostart Hardware

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Tue Feb 3 16:19:26 MST 2009

Looks like good info.  We had been using a heartbeat rebooter (in a
previous Windoze version of the system) that caused more problems than
it solved.  I ended up disabling the beast and running a simple ping-
based script from a Linux box with a tie-in to a network power
switch.  No ping response or no data coming in, cycle the power.  I'd
like to take the second box and the network power switch out of the
loop.  I can't watch for OS hangs that way, but those are far less a
problem than process and receiver-handoff hangs.

Jim
James Secan
NorthWest Research Associates, Inc
2455 E. Speedway Blvd, Suite 204