[Tfug] Hate to say I told you so..

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Feb 3 10:47:36 MST 2009

This is from wikipedia:

"Darwin does not include many of the defining elements of Mac OS X, such
as the Carbon and Cocoa APIs or the Quartz Compositor and Aqua user
interface, and thus cannot run Mac applications. It does, however,
support a number of lesser known features of Mac OS X, such as
mDNSResponder, which is the multicast DNS responder and a core component
of the Bonjour networking technology, and launchd, an advanced service
management framework."

Is that correct? Sounds a bit limited if you cannot run Mac applications...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)

Andy

Eric Gearhart wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:32 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> If I put Darwin on my Intel box I will have a MAC?  It will look and fee
>> like a MAC?  Same user interface etc?

>> Keith Smith
>
> You will be running a Macintosh OS, so yes, effectively you'll have a
> Mac... installing Apple updates might break your "hackintosh" in the
> future though; that's the problem
>
> --
> Eric
> http://nixwizard.net