[Tfug] Opera Web Browser

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 07:18:04 MST 2009

Just curious...could you elaborate on your complaints about
Firefox/Iceweasel? Firefox definitely isn't perfect, but I was wondering
what it was doing to make you want to switch. I think the biggest reason to
stay with Firefox are the add-ons. For example, I can't live without Firebug
for web development.

I've personally been a little disappointed with some of the design decisions
that have been made with Firefox over the years. Particularly how bloated
Firefox 3 feels. I've used Firefox since it was Phoenix 0.2 and what always
made it so great was that the base browser was light and had an emphasis on
speed. The add-ons were there so you could customize the browser with
whatever features you need. They seem to have gone away from this original
design point since the base browser has a ton of features now.

James

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Charles R. Kiss <charles at kissbrothers.com>wrote:

> Tired of being disappointed at how web pages were displayed by
> Firefox/Iceweasel, I switched to Opera.
>
> For now, Opera seems much better than Firefox/Iceweasel...in fact, I think
> Opera is awesome! I like the skins, it displays everything perfectly, it
> seems as fast. I seems to have a huge base of support.  I have it running on
> a 64 chroot 32, and Flash is perfect; Java is perfect, etc.
>
> Is there anything "bad" I should know about it?  Security wise.  Or is it
> "uncool" to use, made in a Communist country by criminals?
>
> How come I don't hear about it.
>

> Charles

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."