[Tfug] gparted problem

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Tue Dec 22 01:07:32 MST 2009

I have a hard drive that I used for testing some distributions.  As some
distros have some very strong ideas about partitioning the final
partitioning looks like this:

| sda1   |  sda5         | sda2            |  sda3   |
| boot   |  Ubuntu 9.10  | Ubuntu 8.02     |  Swap   |

Of course, sda5 is in sda4.

I cleared sda2 which is now unallocated.  I tried to expand sda5 into the
space formerally occupied by sda2.  gparted is unable to do this.  Does
anyone know if this is because sda5 is a logical partition and sda2 was a
primary partition?

Earl