[Tfug] OT: Is this our Harry McGregor?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 13:04:54 MST 2009

Hi Keith,

> Have you traveled on Golf Links lately?  Yikes it is bad!
> West of Swan on the East bound lane it is murder.
>
> Hey but we have Rio Nuevo!

:-/

What causes the potholes, here?  (besides mechanical wear)
I.e., back east, I always assumed the potholes were a result
of the temperature extremes -- hot summers (though not as
hot as here) followed by cold winters (considerably colder
than here!) -- exacerbated by snow plow blades.

I.e., in summer, the asphalt would be soft and pliable
and winter would see it hard and brittle (most pot holes
would appear in the winter months as the plows would turn
up large chunks of "tar").

Is the asphalt formulation different in different parts of
the country?  (I have a neighbor in this business... I should
ask him)  Or, is the roadway maintenance the primary issue?
E.g., in 15 years, our street has never been repaved -- though
"chip and seal" (what a joke *that* is!) once and probably two
or three half-hearted attempts at patching potholes.

Maybe HM should run for council??  ;-)