[Tfug] Switches -- and hubs!

Tyler Kilian vaca at grazeland.com
Mon Dec 7 14:48:41 MST 2009

Seems like this is all being over-analyzed, IMHO.  Cheap switches are
abundant.  I don't think hubs are even made anymore.
At the end of the day, why are you trying to IP-enable a home and
then worrying about a single digit difference in power utilization?
If you want IP-to-anywhere cabling, then you have to be prepared to
run a switch.

I'd look at 16 port and be done.